Sunday, July 14, 2013

Skeptics Guide to the Universe Podcast Series


Podcasts are a great way to learn stuff as you do stuff. I listen to them as I drive and run mainly. A new one that I started listening to which I am very impressed with is called "The Skeptics Guide to the Universe: Your Escape to Reality". The podcast is put on by a bunch of critical thinkers and the organization is dedicated to promoting critical thinking, reason, and the public understanding of science. To give you an idea of the broad array of material that they cover, the few episodes that I have listened to have included discussions on such things as; skin fungi, osteoarthritis, patent trolls, kangaroos, genetically modified foods, debunked Sasquatch sightings, debunked UFO and extraterrestrial sightings, neuroscience, history's most deadly volcano, morality without religion and so much more. It has further opened my eyes to the awesomeness of science and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment